Welcome to the home of Frost Giant Studios! We’re on a mission to bring you the best in real time strategy games.
For purposes of data protection laws, Frost Giant is the “Data Controller” of your information collected in connection with the Sites and our services.
+ What type of information do we collect?
The type of information we collect depends on what services you use and how you use them. The type of personal information we collect includes:
- Your contact information, such as your name, your gamer id, approximate location (city, state, postal code, country), email address, employer, social media credentials
- Your account preference information, such as your contact, communication and marketing preferences
- Materials you submit as a part of a job application to our company, including your CV, professional portfolio, references and other details pertaining to your education and employment.
- Communication between you and our company such as emails in response to your feedback, inquiries, or responses to our online surveys. If you contact us by telephone, we will also retain your telephone number.
- Your device and browsing information, including non-personally identifiable information about your phone, tablet, computer or device and online browsing activity, which may be automatically collected. This may include IP addresses, unique identifiers, cookie identifiers, browser language, device and browser settings and broad location-based information, and internet service provider information. It may also include information about when and how you accessed and used our Sites, how you navigated to our Sites (such as the date and time of your visit), the links you clicked, the websites you visited before and after our Sites, and what you searched for while on our Sites.
- If you play our games (including alpha and beta playtesting), as well as data around your gameplay, such as crash information and disconnects, your IP address, your hardware information, gameplay stats, the version of our game you played, and how you interacted with other players.
+How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of our Sites and services, including:
- To provide you with information about products, programs, applications, events, press releases or features you may find of interest;
- To notify you of updates to features of our Sites and services;
- To notify you when we make changes to our agreements or services;
- To provide you with technical and security notices;
- To build business-to-business relationships;
- To monitor if our services and Sites are running optimally in order to offer you the best user experience;
- To contact you about your job application, to verify details contained in your job application, to improve our application process, and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- To help us design, balance and generally improve our services and to debug gameplay;
- To protect our users and business;
- To comply with our legal obligations, including requests to us by law enforcement
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
Additionally, but only with your consent, Frost Giant may send you text messages and push notifications in conjunction with the above services. Frost Giant may also contact you by telephone if you ask us to provide you with support.
You may update your contact preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
+When do we share this information with 3rd parties?
Frost Giant will not rent, sell or share your personal information to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes without first obtaining your consent. We will only pass on your personal information to third parties to the extent described below.
We may share your information with third parties in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual. For example, we may use and share aggregated or anonymized data to describe the users of our services in press releases or marketing materials. We may also share aggregated and anonymized information about our user base with current or prospective investors.
If you have applied for a position with us, we may share information from your job application with third parties for the purpose of verifying the information you have provided, conducting reference and background checks, working with immigration attorneys or setting up travel. When such third parties collect or receive your personal information, we will instruct them to only use the data for the performance of the designated task for which they were hired.
Third party service providers.
From time to time, Frost Giant may need to transmit your personal data to vendors or service providers that enable us to market, sell, or deliver our services. These service providers may require certain personal information in order to perform specific services on our behalf, such as chat, customer support, social login, fulfillment and shipping, email and newsletter delivery, conducting surveys, fpayment processing, web hosting or web analytics.
We authorize such service providers to use or disclose your personal information only as necessary to perform the relevant services on our behalf or to comply with legal obligations. We require our service providers to contractually commit to protecting the security and confidentiality of the personal information they process on our behalf.
Links to other websites. Our Sites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Frost Giant. These links are provided for your convenience but do not imply any Frost Giant endorsement of such websites or their content. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on any such linked websites. Please review the privacy policies of any third party website you are directed to for their data collection and use practices.
+How do we collect this information?
We collect information that you provide to us directly. We may also receive information from third parties such as Google and Facebook, when you use such third parties to log into our systems. In addition, we may gather certain information automatically using tracking technologies like cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts.
To enhance your user experience on our Sites, many of our web pages use “cookies.”
Cookies are small text files which are placed in your computer’s browser and which store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not reveal your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information by, for example, registering on our Sites. However, once you choose to furnish our Sites with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Frost Giant may use tracking technologies to collect information about your use of our Sites or services including:
- Web beacons
- File information
- Local shared objects, and other similar tools (sometimes also referred to as “Adobe Flash cookies”) which are downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash media player.
Frost Giant may also use reputable third party analytics services such as Google Analytics which place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through our Sites, including to help us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
+How do you turn off cookies?
You can change your preferences and refuse to allow certain types of cookies to be stored on your computer while browsing our Sites. You can also remove any cookies already stored on your computer, but keep in mind that deleting cookies may prevent you from using parts of our Sites or services.
Please note that we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
If you have further questions or concerns about our cookie use, please contact us at email@example.com.
+How do we store and protect your data?
Frost Giant is committed to protecting the personal information of its users.
Frost Giant stores the personal information we collect in the United States on our secure servers, for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain personal information as required by law.
Although no data protection system is infallible, Frost Giant has adopted reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect this information from loss, misuse, and alteration, including encryption as appropriate.
+Your Privacy Controls and Choices
We will provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes whenever we ask for this information.
You always have the right to direct us to update or delete/deactivate certain information pertaining to you. You may also request removal of your personal information from our blog, community forums or other public areas of the Sites that are under our control. If we cannot remove your personal information, we will give you a reason why we cannot.
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By writing to us at: Frost Giant Studios, Inc. 13416 Spectrum, Irvine, CA. 92618
We will respond to your request to review the information we have on file for you within 30 days from receiving your request.
You may stop delivery of marketing emails and newsletters from Frost Giant by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email you receive or by emailing us at email@example.com.
+Children and Users Under the Age of 13
Frost Giant is not a service directed at children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you believe that Frost Giant might have any information from or about an individual under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
+For California Residents
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” (California Residents only). California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookies, IP address and/or browsing behavior to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you.
Frost Giant does not share, sell (as the term is defined under applicable privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act), or disclose your personal information, other than with the third party service providers specified above.
“Shine the Light” Law. (California Residents only) California residents have the right to request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California’s Shine the Light law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
+Your Rights as an International User
If you are located in certain other jurisdictions outside the United States, you may have additional data subject rights. These rights vary but they may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal data; and (iii) the right to data portability. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a data protection authority.
You may do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, our legal basis for processing your information is typically consent to this Policy and/or any specific consent for processing your information that you have provided.
+Disclosure in the event of a merger, sale, or other asset transfer.
Frost Giant may sell or transfer all or part of our business or assets in the event we are involved in a merger, acquisition, transfer of control, bankruptcy, reorganization or sale of assets, or diligence associated with such matters. In such a case, you will be notified in advance via email or via a notice on our Sites of the change in ownership or a change in the use of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
+How will you know when we update this policy?
If you object to any of these changes, you may opt out by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt back in at any time by emailing us at the same address.
+What if I have a question or complaint?